Mustela Nursing Comfort Balm Review


Mustela 9 Months Nursing Comfort Balm 30ml
The most common problems a new Mom encounter are the pains, aches and discomforts when breastfeeding their little one. This includes tender breasts and sore, cracked nipples which can be very painful. Believe me, when my firstborn Dirk was trying to latch during the first few weeks of breastfeeding (that was 4 years ago), the pain was agonizing and almost made me quit. But of course the Mom in me endured everything for my baby - they say breast milk is the best for babies and I say I am determined to give my children the very best!

I only wish I knew then that there are products specifically formulated for pregnant and breastfeeding Moms like Mustela. This time around, I got luckier and got introduced to Mustela Nursing Comfort Balm from the brand's 9 Months product range, developed to address the changes to a woman's skin during pregnancy and after giving birth.

My Mustela Nursing Comfort Balm Experience

I started applying it on my breasts as early as December 5, 2012, a week before I gave birth to Baby Kassy. During that time, the only change I noticed was that it makes my skin supple. But after 2 days of giving birth, the other benefits of using the product was put to the test. And I wasn't disappointed!

The milk did not come until my second day in the hospital. I woke up with huge, hard and swollen nipples and an excruciating pain. That's when I started to feed Kassy and applied the product to my nipple area after each and every feeding. I rinse it with warm water before every feeding, though I've read in Mustela's website that there is no need to rinse it and that it is safe to be ingested by babies. 

It has a thick formulation but it glides easily on skin, making application easy-breezy. It's also hypoallergenic, fragrance and colorant free!

After 2 days, the swelling is gone and I felt much better. But I noticed that my nipples have cracked a little, though not like my first time with Dirk where my nipples were cracked too much to the point of bleeding. Also with Mustela Nursing Comfort Balm, the cracked skin heals much faster. I still use it up to this day as often as needed. This product indeed is a new Mom's best friend! 

More About Mustela Nursing Comfort Balm
 
It contains natural ingredients and vitamins that helps soothe, nourish and replenish the nipple area. It has Avocado Peptides and Bisalobol that soothes feelings of discomfort, a proactive complex with Shea Butter that makes skin more supple, and Elastoregulator, Lupeol and Vitamin B5 that moisturizes and softens rough skin to aid in skin renewal.

About Mustela 

For over 60 years, Mustela is proven to be the skin care expert for babies, mother and mothers-to-be. Their products are manufactured by the 6th largest independent laboratory in France named Laboratoires Expanscience and tested under pediatric and dermatological control. All products complies with the European Cosmetic Directive, French Code of Public Health, Food and Drug Administration of the Philippines, and all the 60 other countries where it is distributed. They are prescribed, tested and used by doctors, medical and healthcare professionals, partner of maternities and hospitals all over the world.

Mustela products are formulated with 80% to 98% ingredients of natural origin, hypoallergenic and highly tolerant on eyes and skin. There is absolutely NO harmful ingredients like paraben, phthalate, phenoxyethanol and alcohol.

Mustela Product Ranges:

Mustela Bebe - for normal skin
Mustela Dermo-Pediatrics - for sensitive, atopic skin, eczema, problem skin
Mustela 9 Months - for pregnant and breastfeeding moms
Mustela Sun Protection - sunblock for normal or sensitive skin

Mustela Products Available At:


1.  Ayala Trinoma, 1st level (near Cafe Mary Grace)
2.  Robinson's Manila, 1st Level Midtown Wing (beside Topshop)
3.  Glorietta 4, 3rd level (near Mary Grace)
4.  Megamall A, 2nd level (in front of Esprit)
5.  Shangri-la Mall, 4th level (in front of Mothercare)
6.  The Shops, Greenhills Shopping Center 1st level (in front of Watson's and Mary Grace)
7.  Alabang Town Center, Upper ground floor Connector Mall (in front of K & Company)

Also distributed at the following:

1.  Purebeauty, 2nd Floor, Serendra, BGC and Harbor Point, Subic
2.  All Landmark Department Stores
3.  All Rustan's Department Stores (Shangrila, Makati, Gateway, Alabang and Cebu)
4. NumA Eco Baby Store, E. Rodriguez Jr. Ave., Quezon City

Mustela Philippines Can Be Reached Via:
Hotline: 0917-8959988

2 comments:

  1. Wow! When I got pregnant more than a decade ago I wasn't aware of such products but I'm glad I didn't had that problem my only problem was those stretch marks that re forever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete