Syoss Moisture Intensive Care Shampoo and Conditioner


Ever since hair rebonding became popular in the country, I never miss having my mane rebonded every year. The first was in year 2004, if I remember it right. Hair rebonding is a chemical treatment that involves applying perming lotion to soften the hair and disintegrate its bonds. A flattening iron is then used afterwards to straighten the hair and as a final step, neutralizer and keratin are applied to reset the bonds and fix the hair. The end result is a crowning glory of sleek, shiny and straight hair you once thought only celebrities could have. Chemical treatments like rebonding and straightening cause damage, though. Over the years, my hair have become brittle and dry (as if this would stop me from getting my hair rebonded again next year! Hehe.) - so we should know how to take care of our hair and how to keep it healthy.

Anyways, my October BDJ Box includes a pair of 100ml Syoss Moisture Intensive Care Shampoo and Conditioner by Schwarzkopf and Henkel. It's a brand widely used by hairdressers and other hair care professionals for its Pro-Cellium Keratin ingredients that rebuilds , moisturizes, smoothens and strengthens hair from within. Among all other contents of my BDJ Box, I decided to try this first. The 100ml bottle actually lasted for almost 2 weeks so now you can imagine how thin my hair is! :)

Things to Note:

  • Formulation is not too thick like other commercial shampoos and conditioners in the market, but the shampoo produces enough bubbles to cleanse my hair.
  • I love how the conditioner doesn't make my scalp oily, unlike other brands I've tried.
  • I super love the scent, so mild and sweet and lingers a long time. (The hubby likes it, too!)
  • I don't have any idea how much this costs. But I hope it's affordable.

My Verdict:

I'm not really sure if it made my hair shinier in just 2 weeks of using it, but it did make it easier to comb and felt a lot smoother. I will definitely look for stores that carry this brand so I can continue using it and see if it can make my hair look and feel healthy again. (Note to Self: Also try Syoss' Repair Therapy line.)


How about you? Do you have a favorite brand of hair care products? What can you recommend for dry, frizzy and brittle hair? Thanks!

27 comments:

  1. I commute everyday, so since it is always dusty and smokey on the road, I prefer maintaining head and shoulders as my shampoo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As I earlier said on your google+ account, this is very new to me. First time to hear about this product. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I use shampoos that are for dry hair as I tend to be outdoors most of the time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. When I got pregnant my hair became sensitive and currently I am using Dove shampoo with conditioner.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have never tried (nor have heard of it until today) of that brand. I've been using Tresemme products because they work for me.

    As for rebonding, I haven't done it in years although I used to do it every year because I have naturally curly hair and I didn't like it but now, I'm embracing it. Hehe :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. hmm dry hair I think the best stuff is "alovera"

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have the same problem with my hair, it is dry and brittle and no body. i miss Philippines wherein beauty parlor is cheaper and everywhere.I use just ordinary shampoo.

    ReplyDelete
  8. i'm planning to get my hair rebonded as well but i'm waiting for christmas or new year to keep them long for a nicer effect. now these products might be a handy.

    ReplyDelete
  9. First time I heard of this brand, I may just have to search them somewhere else too and try if it will work for my brittle hair as well.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lately I've been having problems with my hair because I changed my shampoo product. I'll try to use Syoss and see if it will solve my hair problem.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've read it before that the bubbles don't actually clean our hair, but it sure does gives us a feeling that our hair is cleansed well when there are a lot of bubbles. That's actually one of the reasons why I found it hard to switch from commercial to organic shampoos: because the latter don't bubble much. Lol!

    Good luck on your quest to a healthy hair!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I only uses head and shoulder.. I am getting dandruff with other brands kasi e... But good ting it works for you..

    ReplyDelete
  13. thanks for sharing.. this is my first time to know about this brand.. XD interesting..

    ReplyDelete
  14. i have curly and dry hair so everyday im using curl defining milk, however when it comes to shampoo i wasnt able to find that one that could make my hair soft, maybe this is one that i've been waiting for.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Since I have a buzz cut, I'm good with easy on the pocket men's shampoo brands like Clear! :P

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hmmm, sounds new to me. But I prefer the good old shampoos.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I don't stick to one shampoo because my dandruff gets worse when I stick to only one shampoo for too long.

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is how should all commercials do - really test to people who use their products and don't do exaggerated presentation in Media outpost. You did test the product and by these you help us - users, consumers view how should we think about certain products.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I have not tried this product yet. One thing I can say is I kept shifting my brand of shampoo because of hair problem.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I haven't tried this. I'm currently in love with Dove Shampoo and Conditioner. But this seems nice. I might recommend this to my sister.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I haven't tried rebonding yet but colored my hair twice this year making it a bit dry.. when I colored my hair for the second time, I was given a lycopene treatment which made the coloring treatment less harmful to my hair...right now, I use conditioner from time to time for my hair.

    ReplyDelete
  22. This product is pricey here, kaya diko pa sya na-try. hihihi.. Thanks for the post, nakatulong po.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hair care is one way to a healthy body... Shampoo must be non allerginic of course....

    ReplyDelete
  24. i swear by dove shampoo and conditioner. :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. This should be good as I think this one softens the strands for a smoother hair.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Syoss is super affordable! 48 pesos for a 100ml bottle. :) What's also great is it's available in sachets for only 4.50! It's available in SM, Watsons, Landmark, Robinsons, Puregold and in all the leading dept stores & supermarkets!

    ReplyDelete
  27. I have only used it twice and it dried my hair :/

    ReplyDelete