Tips for Getting Your First Tattoo

Image source: Jaime Tud Tattoos
Getting your first tattoo is a big deal. Some even say that it is a rite of passage. While there are many reasons why you may want to get a tattoo, you have to remember that it’s pretty much a lifetime commitment. There are methods of removing unwanted tattoos, but they are expensive and not always as thorough as you had hoped. So, if you don’t want to find yourself regretting your decision the morning after, take a look at a few of these tips before you head to one of the tattoo shops in Lafayette, LA.

Choose The Best

Don’t just walk into the first tattoo shop that you find and ask for a tattoo. Be picky about where you go and who does your first tattoo. Don’t worry about turning around and walking out the door. You want to go somewhere where you feel comfortable and well taken care of. Go to every tattoo shop that you have to until you find one that you are confident and comfortable with. Because there are needles involved, the tattoo shop that you choose needs to be known for taking the proper health precautions. Don’t settle for one. You need to choose the best.

Care for your Tattoo

Many people don’t know about the aftercare that is required when you get a tattoo. You will receive a set of instructions about what to do after you get your tattoo. It’s very important that you follow each one so that your tattoo will remain well-done and looking just like you want it. The care will generally consist of daily washing and drying with an application of an appropriate moisturizer. You want to keep it covered with a bandage but not with plastic wrap. The new tattoo needs to be protected so that bacteria won’t begin to grow.

If you are choosing a tattoo that includes characters or words from another language, you need to be sure that you are doing it correctly. Regardless of which of the tattoo shops in Lafayette, LA, that you choose, you have to make sure that they know what they are doing and won’t make any big mistakes with your tattoo.

16 comments:

  1. I don't like to have any tattoo in mine or my hubbie's body, nor in my kids. But I do respect people who choose to have this body art. In fact, I have friends who do tattoos. For them, it's a matter of self expression through body art. You are right, tattoo is a lifetime commitment just like marriage. So before committing, we should have thought about it a hundred times. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never had a tattoo because I heard it's painful and hard to remove. Your tips are very helpful for those who have are planning to get one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never have a tattoo but been thinking about it lately. I surely consider this tips for future reference.. I might not going to have it though. Happy birthday:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Waaaahhh... never in my life think I'll have one. The thought of pricking needles makes me weak already, what more if I'm about to do it. Yikes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. when i was in college i guess too much watching LA ink and Miami ink made me want to have a tattoo someday.. not big one but just small ones on a hidden area.. haha but now it is not my priority anymore.. but i dont hate tattoos.. it is also an art to some people :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I want a tattoo pag payat na ako but not now. I am also not sure if I can handle the pain.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Before, when I was in college, I want to have a simple tattoo on my arms. good thing I didn't put any. hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are nice tips, and I'm already familiar with them since my brother is a tattoo artist. However, I don't plan to get any tattoo for health reasons. Thanks for sharing, though! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have really no plans on getting a tattoo but I do appreciate the art. My cousin has a few of them.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I don't have any tattoos and don't intent to get any too but it's important to know how to take care of it properly.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am planning to get a small one soon. I have a design in mind but it's not quite perfect yet. hehe

    ReplyDelete
  12. I don't dislike tats but I do not want them on my body. :(

    ReplyDelete
  13. I guess I am very conservative that i couldn't imagine myself or my family having one! But, this is indeed a vey good blog for those planning to have one...indeed, it is a lifetime commitment so you have to get it from the best! I remember a friend say, he intended to have a shark but it turned out to look like a dolphin!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I never had a tattoo, too, not even the henna one...I have seen old women from the Mt province with lots of tattoo. some say the tattoos designate their stature in the community although I still have to check if that's a fact

    ReplyDelete
  15. The closes I can get is a henna tattoo but sometimes, I enjoy watching Miami Ink to see how to go about being inked.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Someday I hope to get inked, at least once so I can say I've gone through it. I just haven't found the perfect design yet.

    ReplyDelete