My 2017 Goals



Hello!

Been really busy this past two weeks with work and my kids, and some backyard gardening (and PMS-ing). I didn't even notice that half of January is almost over and I'm late as usual to post my goals for the new year.

Like the past few years that's passed, no more new year resolutions. What I have this year is a small

list of actionable goals covering almost every aspect of my beautiful but chaotic life.


And so, without further ado (drum roll), and in no particular order, my 2017 goals!

EMOTIONAL
- Less angst, hopefully (Record daily mood in a tracker). Despite our dreams, ambition, and hustle – we each care deeply about the people in our lives, and we know they matter most.

ENVIRONMENTAL
- Achieve zero-waste at home (Eco-Bricks, sell recyclables, food scraps for the ducks and chickens in our backyard)

SPIRITUAL
- Pray everyday.

FINANCIAL
- Decrease debt by XXX by the end of the year.

PHYSICAL
- Smaller tummy (Insert actual measurement here)
- Hydrate everyday (Record in a tracker)

INTELLECTUAL
- Read one book per month. I still need to come up with a list of books I want to read. Perhaps more self-help books instead of fiction novels?

CAREER
- Become a licensed professional teacher. Filing done on 01/06/2017. Licensure exam will be on 03/26/2017. I still don't know what I would do if ever I pass the exam, though. Seems like my personality type is more suited to being a work-at-home Mom instead of a high school teacher. Plus the salary issue. This is only my Plan B.

I did not include additional construction to our house this year because I want to pay the debts I owe to family and friends first before resuming any construction. And debt is what makes me stressed the past couple of months so I want to get rid of it as soon as I can.

Unfortunately, I just had a pay cut this month, mainly because our company is transitioning from a web development to a mobile apps development and we need to cut expenses here and there which I understand quite well. I'm willing to sacrifice a portion of my salary because I trust my employer's business decisions and I know in my heart that his intentions are good for me and my colleagues.

I also find it hard to stretch my salary until the end of the month because I set aside a large chunk of it for debt repayment. And of course I want to replenish my savings account this year, but reducing debt is of a higher priority.

I'm also thinking of going back to accepting side gigs online, just like what I did before. But for now it's not possible with three kids and a kid at heart around me, and household chores... Geez,  I'm not a superwoman you know. But how I wish!

I'm babbling again. Kinda. So I have to end it here. I am hoping that these goals help me make a change and move towards a better life.

No comments:

Post a Comment