5 Things I Will Miss About Being Pregnant

Me, 27 weeks pregnant
I can feel it. My pregnancy is drawing to a close and I am starting to feel emotional again. After 9 months, 3 of which were spent in bed with morning sickness, back pains and everything that goes with it, I'm now ready to pop in several days.

According to the ultrasound, and to the pregnancy app I installed in my android phone, my due date is still a few weeks away, December 26th. But my baby is now full term - in her 37th week, and since I will be delivering via C-Section anyways, I am thinking of having the operation on December 8th. Yes, yes, yes... While celebrating the Feast of the Immaculate Conception. It's my Mom's idea, actually. Seconded by my Mother-in-Law. But We'll see after my checkup, as I'll be finalizing my birth plan with my OB-Gyn this afternoon.

There are lots of things I cannot do and not allowed to do, while I'm pregnant. Long travels, rigorous exercise, and the list goes on. My physical activity is a bit limited, because I'm having a more difficult pregnancy this time. But once my baby is out of my womb and in our arms at last, I know I'll miss many things and feelings associated with being pregnant. 

On my 32nd week!
5 Things I Will Miss About Being Pregnant

Unlimited sleeping hours. Short naps in the morning, longer naps in the afternoon, and a good night's sleep. I think I'm getting 12-15 hours of sleep every day which is just too much! But who cares? I'm enjoying it and I know that after my maternity leave I couldn't afford the same luxury anymore.

Cravings and Unlimited Calories. I'm stuffing my stomach with all the food I want these days, unlike my first pregnancy where I kept myself on a diet so I can have a normal delivery. My Mom keeps on telling me to go ahead and eat everything I like, I'll be CS'ed anyway.

The Royal Treatment. Believe it or not, my husband meant everything he said the day my pregnancy was confirmed - that he'll treat me like a Queen. I'm not allowed to do any housework except sweeping the floor and some minor cleaning. Never touched the laundry and the dishes in 9 months. He does almost every thing in the house including bathing our son. I just came to realize that men can keep promises afterall.

First Bonding Moments with Baby. From the flutters and kicks that are very subtle at first, to the UFC-caliber kicks and elbows I'm getting right now, and the hickups, I'm all gonna miss them. The feeling that something beautiful and alive is inside me is just priceless. Most of the times, I just lie in bed with my husband and my son on both sides - giggling, laughing and having a great time feeling all the actions inside my belly.

The Anticipation. We've been really looking forward to welcome the newest member of our family. Whenever I see my husband and our son, I can feel their excitement - knowing that this coming Christmas, our little princess will be celebrating with us, too. Our extended families feel the same excitement as well. In fact, they already included our little princess to our gift exchange this Christmas Eve!

I can think of many others, but these are the things I'll miss most. For now, I'm trying to savor everything about being wonderfully pregnant while I can knowing that this might be my last.

How about you? Mommies, what are things you miss most about being pregnant?

16 comments:

  1. what I miss the most with my pregnancy is feeling the movements of my baby girl twisting and turning.... hahay nakakamiss.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your post makes me want to have a baby rightnow. Hehe. But I should focus first on my studies :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. simply pochi's comment made me laugh. if you're going to have a baby better be prepared and make sure to give all the love that you can give.

    Lexi-I'll include your delivery in my prayers. May the good Lord guide and bless you and your baby.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not yet a mom but I wish you good luck with your delivery soon. I hope the baby will be healthy most of all!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What I miss most about being pregnant is the random movement of the baby inside my tummy. The first few weeks was very difficult. I felt like something was missing when I could not feel it anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That was a very long time ago!!! But since it took me four years before getting pregnant, the feeling was so precious to me!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I believe the royal treatment would top the list of anyone, pregnant or otherwise lol! I wish you a safe delivery and a very healthy baby.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is a glorious time when you start feeling the baby move inside you. It is soo amazing that you can grow and nurture a human being inside you

    ReplyDelete
  9. What I miss most is staring at my tummy and watching the baby move inside while putting my eldest son's hand over it and watch his face react when he feels the baby move! It's such a miracle!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. reading these things you will be missing about being pregnant parang ang sarap maging pregnant hahaha joke lang...i'm not yet ready
    hope for your safe delivery, take care ms. lexi

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh you are having a baby girl. I can recall how I can't wait for the day to finally hold me son. Time flies and he's 29 months and I am also praying to have a baby girl in the future. Have a safe delivery :)

    Mommy Maye
    www.momaye.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, one thing I missed about being pregnant. Being pregnant, you can go anywhere with your baby. Once you have your baby, you can't haha

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm four months pregnant and next year, after giving birth, I will surely miss the food cravings and the royal treatment the most. I'm praying for a baby girl :) Have a safe delivery! God bless you and your baby! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I don't want to have any more children, but I do miss sleeping, and the flutters in my belly when the baby moves. :D Sleep is a luxury now, I have a 4 year old who is allergic to naps! :P

    I wish you a safe delivery! :) What an awesome gift for Christmas! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. It's been five years since I am and I miss being pregnant! Wishing you a safe delivery,sis!

    ReplyDelete
  16. one thing i miss the most is the feel of my baby inside my tummy! in fact, when i gave birth, i had this nagging feeling of wishing he was back inside my tummy, safe + sound! :)

    congratulations on your baby + here's to a safe delivery! ^_^

    ReplyDelete