How to Create a Google+ Page for your Blog

Google+ is the newest social networking craze these days, and more and more companies and brands are using it not just for interaction with customers and end-users but for SEO purposes as well. Gone were the days when Google Page Rank determines the importance and authority of a website, soon enough Google+ will be the ultimate tool to measure a website's trustworthiness by analyzing behavior and keeping track of relationships of one G+ user to another.

Google+ basically works like the Facebook Recommend button. Once you hit that G+ icon, you're letting Google know what sort of things and content you are interested in. Google in turn, will provide you with search engine results that are highly relevant to your interests.

If you don't have a Google+ page for your blog yet, it's time you see its importance in branding and authority. Below is a tutorial on how to create a Google+ page for your blog.

Open your Google+ Profile

(Assuming you already have a Google+ profile.) To do this, access your gmail, click your profile picture located at the top right corner of the page and click View Profile.

On the sidebar at the left, hover your mouse to the More button and click the Pages icon. Now you are ready to create your G+ page, click Create New Page.
 Pick a Category

Available categories are Local Business or Place, Product or Brand, Company, Institution or Organization, Arts, Entertainment or Sports and Other. I choose Other for my blog.

Add Info

Fill out the form with your blog name and URL, choose the audience for your blog content and make sure to agree to Google's terms and click Continue

Get Started

Now you can start customizing your G+ page by adding a cover photo (ideally sized  885x180), a logo or icon, blog description and contact details. Once you're satisfied with how it looks, click Finish.

And you're done! Easy, right? You can now begin to add content, promote your page and socialize. Adding content is very similar to social sites like Facebook. You can add your blog posts, photos and videos and share with your Circles. Have fun!

10 comments:

  1. Looks simple! But I haven't even made a Facebook page for my blogs. Not sure if I'll have any likers kasi, hehe :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am like Vera! I have no facebook page for my blogs too hihi. Maybe I would try to make a Gplus page. I-like ninyo ako ha?

    ReplyDelete
  3. hmmm..still thinking of activating my google+ but this post got me thinking. funny, i don't even have a facebook page for my blog same with Vera and Marie.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I already have G+ on my blog ma-check nga ulit. hehe

    ReplyDelete
  5. ah, it so easy pala...try ko nga
    thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  6. Im like them, no fb page.hehe! i have a G+ account pero litong lito pa rin ako and di ko alam how it works. Because of your post, i will start to look into this na.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great tips. For sure many will benefit from this post of yours.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for sharing this. I didnt really look into it. But maybe, I should give it a try! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for sharing. Though I am not into google+ at this time. I do have an account way back since I am a gmail account holder but I don't seem to like it yet. :( Maybe one day, when all of my friends from FB will switch to google+. Just sayin. :)


    ComEx Dec. 11, '12

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think I need to explore more this social networking site. I guess it helps with blog viewership only if you have a lot of friends in your circle. I only got a handful...because I don't use G+ that much yet

    ReplyDelete