Dirk's Progress: First and Second Grading Period


On November 29th, I saw my son's report cards at last. The school did not release the cards for the First Grading Period because their teacher had a miscarriage and a replacement took over the class. The grades were not submitted on time so it was agreed that both the first and the second grading results will be released at the same time. And here it is!

Yes, success! Nakaka-PROUD! My son seems to be good in academics. Mukhang mas matalino sa akin. Math - 99.20 eh ako sa Math hirap na hirap. Haha. Naks, Top 2 ang bebe ko at wala pang 1 point ang lamang ng topnotcher nila. I'm a super duper proud WAHM!

When I enrolled him last June, I am only hoping that he makes it through the school year without any incident - like tantrums at the classroom - because up until I saw his report cards, I thought that's the only thing he's really good at. Throwing tantrums - at home at least three times a day, at the mall, at the church... everywhere! Haha. Ang sama ko! But really, I am glad that his teacher says he is well-disciplined, polite and good in recitations and discussions. I was like "Wow, that's totally unexpected!". May ganun pala, makulit sa bahay pero disiplinado sa school.

The teacher also said he shows inclination to Music and Arts. This, I already know. When we went to SM City Pampanga last year, he was insisting on buying a drum set for kids. He was only four years old then, so I didn't give in even though he was crying at the store already. Such madness. Haha. Naloloka ako pag naaalala ko. Until now, every time we go to SM Pampanga, iniiwasan namin ang store na yun. Baka makita na naman at magngangawa dun.

Husband and I talked about it, and we agreed on buying him more expensive things when he knows how to take care of them already. As of now, hindi pa din. So no drum set for him as of yet. If he grows up and decides to be a musician, I'm sure hindi lang drum set ang ipabibili nya. I saw a fryette amps at musicians friend, even if the website says their price is very competitive and affordable parang di pa din kaya ng budget. Nakakaloka, pag naging musician ang anak ko mukhang mamumulubi ako. Hahaha.

And then I realized, we really need to save more so we can support our children in whatever career path they decide to take in the future. Their dreams are our dreams. And as parents, nothing can make us feel happier than seeing our children making their dreams turn into reality.

No comments:

Post a Comment