Breastfeeding Woes

It's been going on for a couple of months now. Kassy could not and would not go to sleep without me by her side to nurse her until she reaches dreamland and honestly,  I'm not quite sure how I feel about it. I mean, I couldn't even work now while she naps because every time I try to pull away she instantly wakes up and we'll be back to square one.

My day is completely different now. No more sneaking to my work table to do my tasks and no more anything else besides breastfeeding her even while she's sleeping. I'm afraid I wouldn't be able to keep up with all the tasks I need to accomplish. Worst case scenario, I'm afraid I would have to choose between a full time job and directly breastfeeding my child on demand.

You see, my daughter likes getting what she wants when she wants it. And what can I say, my boobs are practically hers! She looks at me as if she owns it now. Ugh. She guards it with her arms even, as if someone's gonna take it away from her. My silly little girl. Oh why don't you want those pacifiers?!

I am trying to commit to 2 years of exclusive and direct breastfeeding... But I just realized it isn't always easy. Perhaps a lot more motivation is what I need at the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment