Hammer Drills - A Craftman's Bestfriend

My uncle Leonardo is perhaps the most trusted craftsman in our place. Our version of Handy Manny, the one we call when something needs to be fixed. Last week I sent him a text message asking if he can drop by our house and repair our broken doorknob, but he politely told me that he could not make it that day because he’s stuck at someone else’s living room trying to mount a large flat screen television.

The task seems too minor for a seasoned worker like him so I asked what the problem was.  Turned out that his most prized possession, an electric Ridgid hammer drill given to him by his younger brother as a birthday gift many many years ago, needs a new power cord. He wasn’t able to use it that time so he just rented one from his friend who works at a nearby construction site.

A hammer drill is essential to any craftsman. It makes drilling into hard surfaces easier, like concrete and metal for example. My uncle said it’s one of the best and the most effective tools he currently have and not being able to use it on important projects can be compared to losing his best friend. He asserted further that he really needs to find replacement Ridgid parts. And I think I can help him. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment