Coffee, Anyone?

When I was younger, I was always told by people that caffeine is bad for my health. My Mom made me drink chocolate beverages instead, because she said they are more nutritious and would help me gain more weight. Well, I was really skinny that time and did not have access to the internet to research. So okay, I believed them.

But things changed when I started working right after college. At the office I got sleepy all the time, no matter how much paperwork was piled in my desk. I would sneak to the cafeteria in the afternoon and buy liquid coffee to improve mental focus and alertness.

Soon enough I was hooked and I was afraid too much coffee would damage my body in ways I’ve not known. I researched and discovered that it does more good to the body after all. Studies even show that the antioxidants in coffee decreases risk of endometrial cancer and other types of cancer.

And your guess is right; I won’t stop drinking coffee any time soon. I’m actually having a cup right now!

No comments:

Post a Comment