Separation Anxiety

(1) Kuya playing with his little sister (2) Ready for school and kissing Kassy goodbye
(3) My daughter trying to follow her Kuya (4) Furiously banging the door LOL
Hi, Moms! What's your typical morning looks like? Ours look like the photo above. Well actually, even messier. :)

Since it's Dirk's examination week, he leaves for school at 8:40 instead of 12:30 during regular days. So that means husband and I don't have enough time to clean the house first unless we wake up really really early - around 5:00 which we couldn't do because we work late and sleep late. So for this week, house cleaning doesn't happen until 11:00 when father and son gets home.

I notice that the bond and the attachment between brother and sister is growing stronger every day. Months ago, you wouldn't hear Kuya wishing that his little sister could come with him to school so they can play together with all his classmates; or worse, that he doesn't want to go to school anymore so they can play all day.

My infant daughter, on the other hand, seems to be developing separation anxiety. According to Wikipedia, "Separation anxiety disorder (SAD) is a psychological condition in which an individual experiences excessive anxiety regarding separation from home or from people to whom the individual has a strong emotional attachment (e.g. a parent or sibling)."  It's pretty common, especially in Asian countries like the Philippines where babies are rarely separated from their parents or siblings.

Kassy is now 10 months old, and at the peak of showing signs of separation anxiety from me, her Dad and her Kuya. She gets upset and cries when one of us is not in the same room with her, glancing around like crazy looking for the missing face. I never ever want to see her cry so I take her along with me wherever I go, bathroom included (sometimes!).

I don't mind that I can't go to the supermarket alone to buy groceries and other stuff;

I don't mind that I can't go to the cinemas to watch new films;

I don't mind that I can't afford to have a long, luxurious bath; and

I don't mind that I can't do many other things I used to love doing, as long as I make my children feel comfortable and happy all the time, as much as I can.

It's REALLY fine with me. And I'm glad I took the path of being a WAHM. I'm glad I can afford to be with Kuya and Kassy and their Dad always.

1 comment:

  1. Blogger ka rin pala. Paid ads ba yung advertorial posts mo? Adsense lang meron blog ko. Regards sa mga chikitings mo

    ReplyDelete