Silhouette CAMEO, Versatile and Powerful Electronic Cutting Machine


I've been obsessing about the Silhouette SD Digital Craft Cutting Tool (QuicKutz) eversince I begun scrap booking last year and it's been on my wish list since then. It's an electronic cutting tool specifically designed for personal and home use. Using scissors and handheld cutters just don't give you the perfect shape you need, thus the need for an electronic cutter. Another alternative is to get yourself a die cutter, but you'll have to buy the machine itself plus the cartridges which can be too expensive. I figured the Silhouette SD is perfect for the job. Less expensive, too!

I visited my Amazon account today and found out that the sale of the Silhouette SD is already discontinued. Made me frown and sad at first, since I really wanted it that bad. (Just didn't have enough money to buy it.) I went to the Silhouette website next to find out why their product was discontinued and surprise, surprise! They stopped marketing the SD to give way to it's replacement, the Silhouette CAMEO.


The Silhouette Cameo (Silhouette) is like a home printer that you can connect to your PC or Mac using a USB cable. Instead of printing though, it uses a small blade to cut your designs and shapes. Unlike the die cutting machines that uses expensive cartridges, this versatile cutting tool includes a free software where you can create your designs and eventually cut using the machine. Fonts and shapes installed in your computer can be easily cut using the CAMEO. Designs printed using your printer can be cut out using CAMEO. You may also purchase ready-made shapes through the Silhouette Online Store.

The amazing Silhouette CAMEO can cut paper, card stock and cardboard, vinyl, fabric and other materials. You can create projects from 1/4" to 12" wide. The cutting length is unlimited.

Having a Silhouette CAMEO will be a dream come true. I really hope I can save enough funds for this next year, so as to satisfy my lust for scrap booking. There's nothing better than perfectly cut fonts, shapes and designs for my crafting projects.

The Silhouette Cameo (Silhouette) is now available in stores for as low as $269.00.

20 comments:

  1. i've had my eye on the silhouette as well! hope your dream comes true! thank you for sharing!
    hugs,
    peggy aplSEEDS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, what a great tool!! Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is my first time to see a gadget like that. In this generation, more high tech gadgets in our way! The price is not so expensive too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is very helpful in making specially designed cards, souvenirs and tokens. First time to hear about a printer that do cut outs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow! its the very first time I encountered this cutting machine and indeed it will be great help for crafty people. Hoping Amazon will up it for sale again so you can get yours.

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is awesome . it can be used for some creative ideas resulting to business/ income generating projects.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice tool to have especially this Christmas season, when DIY gift and design ideas are all over the 'net :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. It seems like a must have for an artist like you! Christmas bonus is coming.. you should get one!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Reasonable price naman pala. A really helpful gadget para sa mahilig sa scrap booking.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm into scrap booking too. I teach my two girls to make their own scrapbook too. This CAMEO will make your scrap booking so easy.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Another helpful technology -- an electronic cutting tool for personal or even business use. What I also like for this machine is that, it has the ability to register and cut printed materials. Nonetheless, it can't cut leather or metal materials. In overall, it's very useful and makes our project easier and artistic.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I will definitely need this Silhouette Cameo when I go back to my other passion... scrap-booking. I used to cut my crafts using scissors or cutters and it's really hard to shape. This tool will make all my scrap-booking jobs easier.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hmmm.. Nice tool for the very creative. Too bad that here in the Philippines we can't avail that, lalo na super expensive the SF.. :)


    Hoping that you can afford to buy this SOON!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. I would like to have this as well as my daughter and I really like to do craft projects.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hmmm... I luv it, sis. If only I have the craftsmanship and creativity to put it into good use...

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is the first time, I heard about the product, is it available here?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Claire.

      Memory Lane Store is selling it at P21,500

      http://memorylanestore.net/memorylanestore/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=498_906&products_id=16508

      Delete
  17. its my first time to see this..pretty impressive :D

    ReplyDelete
  18. wow! i was into scrapbooking, too. "was" coz i was just able to do a few pages for my first-born then. I still bought materials even when they were expensive but unfortunately they've gone to waste. :(
    I like that product. It seems it makes scrapbooking easy. Good thing i didn't see that before. haha

    ReplyDelete