My First Day on CloudCrowd


I can't remember exactly where I read about CloudCrowd. I just added it to my To-Do List on iGoogle and never had the chance to check it out until 2 days ago. I went to the website first to learn everything I can about it, how it works, guidelines and a wealth of resources for workers and then decided to sign up.

To create an account and access CloudCrowd, you need to have a Facebook account, allow the app to access your basic information and you're done. Additional details can be added later.

In all eagerness to earn, I immediately opened the Available Work tab and found out that I need to have credentials first so I can work on the tasks available which includes Writing, Editing, Categorization, Research, Data Entry, Translation and Others. So I went to the Credentials tab and took the English Comprehension Credential Test. It's the first one on the list so I chose it. I completed the test and waited for the result in my email. I passed the test ang got awarded with the English Comprehension Credential Level 1 which means that I now have access to projects that requires this credential. 

My CloudCrowd Credibility & Credentials

And yesterday, I decided to do 5 test tasks on Gathering Restaurant Information ($0.22 per successfully complated task). I wanted to know first if what I'm doing is right so I waited for the review results first. The reviewers are different people so the reviews are inconsistent and probably not updated with the requirements of the task so all 5 of them got Rejected. So frustrating actually. I always thought I'm good in following instructions! My credibility also dropped to 28 from 30 (All new workers are given a starting credibility score of 30).

My CloudCrowd Test Tasks - Day 1

Good thing that they have an Appeals feature, which allows workers to appeal decisions when they feel like their work has been wrongly rejected. So I reviewed my work and appealed 3 of them, just to test the waters again. I don't really want to exert full effort on appealing all of them and then get rejected again. At the end of the day, I received the results of the appeal on my email, informing me that my appeal has been resolved, my task has been approved and that I will receive payment for it the next day. Yay! My credibility increased from 28 to 41, too! Yey! Aside from that, my Level 1 English Comprehension Credential is now Level 4! Yahoo! :) Really made me happy because I feel like I am getting rewarded for doing the task correctly.

But what pleases me most is that they pay promptly. Yes, CloudCrowd really pays you for the work you successfully completed on the next business day! Here's a proof of my earnings yesterday, $0.66 for 3 approved tasks. 3/5 is not that bad, hahaha!
CloudCrowd Proof of Payment - Day 1
I highly recommed CloudCrowd for Work-at-Home Moms and Stay-at-Home Moms, students, writers, and all other people who have a bit of a spare time to spend. Why not make your idle hours worthwhile? Join CloudCrowd today! Click the image below to get started.

26 comments:

  1. interesting. update us on your progress on this site to tell others if this site is worth it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Fifi.

      I earned $3.96 (1 hour work) on my second day (for 8 successful tasks and 2 rejected).

      Still not sure if I'll be pursuing this. I'll post an update soon.

      Thanks for dropping by! :)

      Delete
  2. Wow!! This is interesting. I never heard about cloudcrowd. Im excited to see your next updates on this. But I will try my luck here too! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing! Many will benefit from this. I'll try this myself then tell others about this. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats, Sis. gusto ko sanang i-try, but busy rin me publishing articles at Triond. Baka gusto mo ring subukan?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Checking out Triond now. Thanks for the recommendation! :)

      Delete
  5. Wish you luck with it. First time I heard about their online sort of business/services.

    ReplyDelete
  6. thanks for sharing this experience. i bet there are plenty of people out there who would really reap benefits from sites such as this one...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Its like similar to oDesk where you should build your profile and take some tests before applying for jobs online. I'll check this page right now. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow this is a good way to earn money for those who wave time to complete the task and good that they are matching skills with tasks.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is the first time i heard about this thing. I've been working under oDesk contracts for more than 3 years now.. and I can say that it's one of the best outsourcing online site for me. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, I stopped working on Freelancer.Com and concentrated on oDesk this year. Definitely one of the best! (I have yet to try ELance, though. They say it's also a great site for freelancers like us.)

      :)

      Delete
  10. This is another earning opportunity for stay-at-home people like me. There is really no easy way to earn. Sometimes the spirit is willing but the body can only do so much in a time.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What an uplifting and inspiring experience you've had at CloudCrowd. You did it well. More power to your forthcoming activities with CC. Goodluck!

    ReplyDelete
  12. cool! Another way to get paid online perfect for freelancers. Thanks for posting about your experience.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Actually I am a CLOUDCROWD member year 2010. I stop in the year 2011 for some reasons, and now reading this I feel like going back again. Thanks for this.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Bookmarking this!!! I'll go check out Cloudcrowd and see if it works for me! THanksss!

    ReplyDelete
  15. While Crowdcloud is an "okay" earning platform, I really don't think it's a suitable source of income, part-time or otherwise. Your writing skills aren't generating the proper ROI for the time you give, and unsolicited advice aside, you'd be better off writing to companies and offering sponsored reviews or writing for corporate blogs/websites :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, jsncruz.

      Thanks for dropping by. I have yet to try my luck in sponsored reviews, etc. I guess I'll have to establish readership and build up my blog stats first? But I'm aiming for it so thank you for the advice! :)

      Delete
  16. I think this is a good source of income. But if you're thinking about earning more for the right time allotment, then this shouldn't be your mainstay. :) I'm sure, there are a lot more offers bigger than this. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True. I guess I'll stick with oDesk. :) Thanks, Mai!

      Delete
  17. Wot this is interesting! They send your earnings right away! Thank you for sharing this I will sign up now and try my like here! ;D

    www.itsmedeann.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Good to know that you're earning from cloudcrowd. I'm hoping to get some luck and of course hard work to earn such good. Thanks for sharing this tips for us whose job is in online business. :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. I would have to agree with Mai. There are a lot more other jobs out there that pay much for the same amount of time you spend doing those tasks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And I would have to agree with you two. Haha. I check the Available Projects everyday but there's not enough jobs for everybody. It's not a stable source of income.

      Sticking with oDesk. :)

      Delete