VESTI's T'Nalak Collection: Fashion Must-Have's!


When I was still working for a government institution back in 2003 - 2006, part of my job was to organize and facilitate panel discussions, seminars and investment forums in different parts of the country. For me, it was a real privilege to visit beautiful cities and places especially in Visayas and Mindanao areas. Each trip was 5 days long, with the option to extend up to 7 days provided that you can report to the office the next working day. In short, every trip turned out as a mix of work and pleasure.
                                             With my colleagues and the T'Boli dancers wearing T'Nalak clothing                                            and brass accessories. Taken in Punta Isla Resort, Lake Sebu.
One of my most memorable trips was our visit to South Cotabato in July 2006. It was perfectly timed to coincide with the T'Nalak Festival which showcases the cultural heritage of the T'Bolis. We enjoyed watching the street dance parade, the creative floats parade and the event's showcase of T'Nalak, the indigenous fabric made from abaca cloth and tie-dyed with intricate designs. I fell in love at first sight with T'Nalak and ended up buying a lot of bags and other accessories from the bazaar. 



I gave most of the bags I bought as "pasalubong" to my colleagues, but the prettiest bag went to my Mom, of course. She loves the T'Nalak bag and it's among her favorite things actually. But since it's old (I mean the bag, not my Mom. LOL.), I am planning to get her a new one this Christmas. 

I searched online for T'Nalak bags today and found VESTI.PH. Their T'Nalak Collection is really Pinterest-worthy! I love how the owner/designer Martha Rodriguez incorporates modern design to the indigenous fabric, hence the "ethnicity with modernity" tagline. The products themselves speak of elegance and charm, truly must-haves!

VESTI bags are sold via TheMall.PH. Please visit VESTI Boutique for more product photos and shopping instructions.

30 comments:

  1. Vesti is really doing great when it comes to their bag design and quality.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This marriage of ethnicity and modernity rocks. Those bags are worth having. Purchasing them will show one's patriotism and support of local talent and flair.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice, Vesti bags are very Filipino. They integrated the beauty of abaca in modern looking bags.
    Products like these our fellow Filipinos must look forward to.

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha. we got the same post ma'am, about T'boli culture, heritage and tradition, coincidence may it be.

    This post just made me feel proud of my home province .. I would really share this one to my fellows and buy something for my own.

    T'nalak Fest became more festive and vibrant as the years go by ma'am, hope you can visit our province again some time soon! God Bless!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Mimi. I'm hoping to visit South Cotabato again for all the good reasons. The next time would be with my family, though. :)

      Delete
  5. Found them at the Yabang Pinoy Bazaar and I find their designs very chic. We surely should always be proud of Filipino made products like this one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The designs are unique and pretty, this is a nice Christmas gift idea for my mother and my friends.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love their amazing bags. I really likehow they preserve their ethnicity with a touch of modernism.

    Rochelle

    ReplyDelete
  8. Tinalak bag products my wife will love it. But how much does this cost I hope not much so people can afford it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Orly! Their price ranges from P500-1,200. :)

      Delete
  9. products like these should be given the bright chance and opportunity to be promoted and preserved.

    ReplyDelete
  10. i love tinalak stuff, i have bags and a wall decor

    ReplyDelete
  11. These Vesti Bags are truly world-class. The creativity, craftsmanship, quality and uniqueness make these products more salable... stand out above the rest.

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's just like a original products from other world. But it's having a heart of a truly Filipino products.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I just wish these products would be given a chance.. they are world-class and has some really good designs.. they are really fashionable and generates a more eco-friendly fashion statement.. :)

    Cheers~!

    - Justin -
    The World According To Me

    ReplyDelete
  14. It has a good designs and from what I heard, their fabric is quiet the quality. Is it true?

    ReplyDelete
  15. I remembered back then when t'nalak was a craze, things made from it sold good in the market... and it wasn't cheap. glad its returning, i just hope it benefits the workers who made them, they are the ones needing the most. Yahweh bless.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I have one of those T'nalak clothing. We used this in our dance way back Elementary and High school years.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Seems Vesti products specially T'Nalak bags are getting much attention from consumers who wanted good, quality bag with a touch of Pilipino craftsmanship. No winder my wife had mentioned this name to me sometimes late August. Bili ko raw siya. How much pa ang price?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Papaleng, price ranges from Php 500-1200. :)

      Delete
  18. I'd love to have one of the bags!!... and I love your job!!! Why did you leave?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Mommy Gemma! My life got busier when I got married, so hubby and I decided that I resign from my work and just find a new one. Something that is less demanding and would require less travel. And would you believe, he got what he wants now that I'm working from home. :)

      Delete
  19. Tnalak or Tinalak bags looks cool. It can indeed compete within the fashion bag market. Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love the designs! Vesti is something that we can really show off to the world.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I like the pink bag in the middle. It has a fashionable design.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I haven't seen a T'nalak products yet but I always wanted to meet the T'Boli tribu and learn about their colorful culture.

    ReplyDelete
  23. WOW! the Tinalak Collection is trendy and posh!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I want to have one of those Tinalak bag collections. It looks so unique and has a touch of ethnic design.

    ReplyDelete